Electric Windows - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 20-02-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

Electric Windows

I've got a problem with my n/s rear passenger window. it works sometimes, and not other times (mostly not tho!!).

Its not the switch, because I've tried it on another door.. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Sussex
Re: Electric Windows

I've just found my n/s rear window is very slow. All others are fine, and its not the switch, coz the drivers door switch and the actual door switch give the same result. To begin with, I thought it was just sticking, but it seems more like the motor is the problem. 2004 sportwagon, by the way.
AO Member
County: Limerick

Member car:

159 1.8 Turismo

Try some silicon spray on the rubbers that surround the window...helps a lot...just don't go overboard.

AO Member

Could there be dirt in the connector that goes from the cabin to the door? Try wiggling the flexible connection while you hold the button down. The fact that it goes up perfectly (and without any horrible noises?) sometimes and not others suggests that the actual mechanism is fine, perhaps some dirt in an electrical contact within the door? Not sure how big a job taking the door card off is?

My off-side rear window won't go up if you hold down the button, it goes up about and inch then stops, you have to keep flicking it on-off-on-off until it's all the way up! Same from switch in front and back.
AO Member

Hi there. I find the windows on my 147 are really slow and sometimes stop, meaning I have to hold down the switch and use my other hand to push the window back up. I've noticed it does it when it's a really cold day so maybe the motors don't like the cold?
AO Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDm SW

Help Re: Electric Windows

I'm getting a similar problem, but now the window pops out from the back of the frame too! To make matters worse, I cannot get it to stay in now!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

electric , windows