Headlight beam adjust motor - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 14-02-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater London
Warning Headlight beam adjust motor

I noticed the near side beam adjustment wasn't moving the other day when i tried to adjust the beams. I took the drive motor unit off last night and opened the case up - must remember to employ a small child the next time i need to do that as there's no way to get to the screws without removing most of the skin on your right hand

Well the innards were well and truly frazzled so i'm not surprised it was kaput. Now inside the plastic case we have 2 resistors, 2 diodes, a linear variable resistor, a cap, an 8 pin DIL IC, a mini socket and the drive motor. Buy off RS for about 2. I'm now wishing i had!

I've just been on the phone to my local Alfa dealer to order a replacement beam adjustment unit. 40 odd!!!
Pick me up off the floor

Now is it Alfa ripping me off or the company who make the damn things. One thing's for sure, i won't be ordering another one...

Has anybody else had to replace one of these things? What kind of money do Alfa normally charge? Cash hasn't changed hands so i may be able to argue the case if other people pay less from their dealer.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

adjust , beam , headlight , motor