Wipers and Oil Change - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 06-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent
Wipers and Oil Change

Hi all,

Not been on here for a while now but need a but of advise and I bet its already been covered before but I had trouble searching on phone -

1 - My drivers side wiper is linkage has broken, not the whole this just the plastic that goes into the arm (if that makes sense) I was wondering if you can just buy that part or have to but the whole thing? or if anyone knows a fix for it.

2 - My car has started to make a loud ticking noise (not all the time just now and then it comes and goes, so sounds like something is goign dry now and then) I am going to do an oil change oh her, but was thinking to do a flush through aswell, but is this a good idea or shall i just do the oil? I normally use a 10/40 semi on her but does anyone recommed anything else?

She is a 03 147 1.6 TS Lusso before I forget that bit

Cheers All

"Necessity is the mother of invention."
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire

Member car:

147 1.6TS

Whilst I can't help you with the ticking noise, the wiper linkage is a common problem, Autolusso will sell you a modified and strengthened one, or you can fix yours with some fibreglass, superglue the broken ends together, fibreglass over the lot.

I added a small steel strap bolted around the loose end to stop any further movement

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

change , oil , wipers