2.4 20v JTD inner cv (Tripod/Spider) joints - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 04-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Staffordshire
2.4 20v JTD inner cv (Tripod/Spider) joints

Ok so this post is to offer advice but also to seek advice also - hopefully you can help

I had an inner cv joint go on the nearside of my 20vjtd at xmas and now the offside is knocking and vibrating

I have heard that the tripod/spider joint is a Citroen/Peugeot part - can anyone tell me what car or van it is off?

If anyone is after one then alfaman in middlesex will supply one new for 85 inc vat and delivery but he must buy them cheap from elsewhere (probably his local citroen dealer lol)

Can anyone help, cheers
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Western Isles

Member car:

Alfa Red GT Q2

The problem with the inner cv joint is the likelihood of the cup wearing as well - plus they are made of chocolate and wear out too quickly. I had my driveshaft reconditioned by driveshaftuk and they did away with the odd tripod shaped cup (and the expensive gaiters). As they only re-packed the outer and fitted a new gaiter, the price was only around 110 including vat and return postage.
Try shop4parts.co.uk they had 1.9jtd spiders on there for around 20/30 quid I think it was. Try that first and when you have them off run your finger on the inside of the cup and feel for wear, if you can feel it I would change them. Mine had a (little) wear so I just did the spiders and it was and still is fine, mind you mines a 1.9 so a touch less torque than yours!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

20v , joints , jtd , tripod or spider