147 GTA backbox on 2.0TS? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 02-02-06 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear
147 GTA backbox on 2.0TS?

is it possible to fit the 147 GTA back box to the 147 2.0TS? ie, will it line up correctly under the bumper and will the mounts/pipes be in the correct place? also, if it is posisble, where can i get one? i dont want to put a custom system on which will be overly loud but i think the gta back would do the job perfectly.
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Re: 147 GTA backbox on 2.0TS?

I would be surprised when the GTA shares the same pipe diameter with the 2.0. Why don't you get the oval CSC Marmitte backbox; not too noisy and looks great.
Re: 147 GTA backbox on 2.0TS?

Originally Posted by marko
if it is posisble, where can i get one?

There was one on ebay a few weeks before Christmas and they are breaking a GTA on there at the mo, so you could contact them.

Personally though, why bother? IMO the GTA's exhaust looks worse than the standard 147 and its not Stainless Steel, so its gonna rust.
If your planning on keeping the car I'd change the front, middle and rear exhaust for a complete SS one. Powerflow make them to your spec too.
I don't think the GTA one will fit as the two pipes have quite a clearence between them and each pipe is nearly as fat as the standard 147. Therefore I don't think the 'tails' will physically fit in the cut out of the bumper. If it did, it could dis colour and / or burn the paint after a long journey.

I have not got one yet on the diesel as it seems that the soot, or oil lines the box more so than the petrols so the sulphur has less chance of rusting the inside as quickly.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , 20ts , backbox , gta