Turbocharging aussie 2.0ts 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 18-01-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

a car

Turbocharging aussie 2.0ts 147

i should be buying a 147 2.0ts (2001ish) sometime in the next few months, and turbocharging is something i'm definitely considering doing. i'm in melbourne, and noticing the $12000-14000 costs quoted has certainly dulled the dream a little. i guess this post is more directed at the aussie members..

i have a decent list of questions to ask... if anyone can answer any of them in any sort of detail, it would be appreciated

i was just wondering, surely a kit installed in the uk for ~au$6000 equivalent can't be much more here?

why is it so costly?

has anyone investigated buying parts separately/getting custom pipework done here in melbourne?

what other supporting modifications are required for a modest setup (6-8psi seems to be appropriate?) camshafts? ecu remap/piggyback? cylinders heads, valves, gaskets, etc..?

is installing parts really that hard? how difficult is it to bolt on the manifold, intake/outlet pipework, turbo, water/oil lines, etc..?

thanks heaps

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Tasmania
Re: Turbocharging aussie 2.0ts 147

Hi Alex

I can't help you with the specifics of aftermarket turbocharging, but my initial thoughts are "why not save for a bit longer and buy a GTA instead?" I'd have thought you would end up paying a lot more to set-up a 2.0TS, by the time you modify brakes, springs, dampers, roll bars, gearbox etc. etc. to suit the increased power. There's a 2003 GTA on drive for $37,000....

Have you tried AROCA for advice? Their webpage has links which might point you in the right direction.

Good luck with it.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 18-01-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

a car

Re: Turbocharging aussie 2.0ts 147

unfortunately, i'm sure the bill will total up, but what i plan to do is gradually build the car up to be able to support the turbo over a couple of years. the turbo would be the last thing to go on. at least this way i wouldn't have to wait as long to own an alfa, and i'm not going to go crazy stupid like alfadublin.. it's probably the expensive way around buying a 147, but we'll see how it pans out.
i'll check out the aroca site and see if i can find anything

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , 20ts , aussie , turbocharging