CD changer MP3 - Oh I'm tempted! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
CD changer MP3 - Oh I'm tempted!

My 6CD autochanger is shot, I have not been able to get to a auto-sparkie, but it is getting worse!

However, I have found a website that sells compatible MP3 autochangers which I am seriously thinking about getting to replace the 6 CD changer in the boot. Do I have a standard 932 stereo? I don't want to make a costly error!

Is this the right MP3 changer? Link!
Sponsored Links
Re: CD changer MP3 - Oh I'm tempted!

Might be worth pulling the head unit out to confirm the make, think some earlier ones were Alpine, but I think as stated by BB from 2000 on they were Blaupunkt.

One question though as I have never had a CD changer in a car is how do they connect? does the changer pass a digital signal upto the head unit or decode to analogue and the head unit just amplifies that. Reason I ask is the CD changer there says it is MP3, but does the headunit need to be MP3 compatible? or does the changer do all the conversion?

edit: Just looked at the sony one for later models and read 'Sony MP3 Changers can mount in the boot, glove box'

Glove box, in a 156. Lucky to fit a just a CD in there
AO Platinum Member
County: Durham

Here are some pictures of my recently replaced Alpine 932 head unit for comparison.

Thats the one. It is exactly the same as that from the front. Splendid, don't like the chances of getting that past the finance director!

Will give it a try!

It is fixed, the alpine 6 CD changer was not stuffed at all. My local ICE dealer unplugged it all to get a part number off of it to quote for a replacement. When they put it all back in the player started to work fine. The dealer commented that the plug lead wasn't a tight fit and was now. It appears the cable had come loose which gave the random error readings. All fixed, not cost a penny, all is going well so far, no skips etc!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

changer , mp3 , tempted