Pesky dealers! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 12-01-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
Pesky dealers!

Well, the good news is that the AA parts and labour policy are covering the work – only £25 excess to pay. I also got a courtesy car, after an AA hire car on the warranty, so not such a bad deal . (Whining noise on Monday, thought cambelt, thankfully just auxiliary tensioner, but the main dealer broke the thread on the bracket getting to the tensioner!).

Fly in the ointment – the bracket for the car is in the midlands. I am in Edinburgh with the car. I should have been finishing next week, but as the work is done I intend to drive back tomorrow lunch. That is if the part is here and the garage gets it’s arse into gear. They did not think of ordering the part on Wednesday, only done it today. Pillocks……..

This means that I may have to get that flight home, then come back on Monday for the car, if the car is not ready by 3pm when I will have to get to the airport. Great.

Just to confuse matters I have no idea where I will be working on Monday – my office will assess projects tomorrow, then assign me to somewhere else in the UK, looks like it will not be Edinburgh. Looks like I may have to fly back on Monday morning then drive from Edinburgh to London, assuming it will be a London client, either that, or take the day as paid holiday. Bloody marvellous…….

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

dealers , pesky