car been at workshop for 4 weeks... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-08-13 Thread Starter
Awaiting Email Conf
County: Hordaland
car been at workshop for 4 weeks...

I would like some advise on what I should do.

I delievered my Alfa to a workshop on 29th of July.

The work they were going to do were the anti roll bar bushes, replace lower wishbones and fix my engine.

They did the first parts easily enough, but they have been struggling with the engine, and right now I am at a total of 11,5 hours of billable hours.

They have still not figured out what was the problem with the engine (issue thread here)

when I bought the car, it had just been fixed after a camshaft-belt snap, but when I test drove it before I bought it, it seemed fine.

They want to check if the camshaft-belt is posisioned correctly, I said it was okay and now they are waiting for the locking tools.

but it has driven fine for a whole year, wouldn't I have noticed it if it was from the camshaft belt earlier?

They also said they had found some errors from my lambda sensor, that is new 1 year old.

Originally Posted by repair guy
Check the timing of the timing belt

Check also that it is not a lobe on the camshaft is worn.

Perform a cylinder leak test.

I also have to check the wiring to Lambda because of error codes on it even though it is relatively new.
What should I do, I could've bought a new car in the UK for what this is gonna cost me
Sponsored Links
I'd pull out before any more spiralling bills. Pay what you have to and recover your car, even if by trailor.
Get it home and then in your own time and with a set of manuals, get working on it in your spare time.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

car , weeks , workshop