my car said "bah humbug" to christmas spirit & destroys steering - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 26-12-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
Not Happy my car said "bah humbug" to christmas spirit & destroys steering

Well, merry Christmas to you all. Hope you all are a having a good one.

Not so good for me....

You all might not remember, but the car got a hit a few months ago. Well having spent ages at the repair shop (inc a return trip for further rectification work) I got her back a few weeks ago. They had 'apparently' replaced the steering rack, NS front wheel & wheel bearing & hubset.

Now I was never entirely happy as I was experiencing a clonking sound that I had never had before & thing didn't feel quite 'right'. Anyway, I put-up.

However, recently, on start up i would hear a sort of mechanical 'click' sound. Suspected something was wrong. Yesterday morning the car made quite clear the problem: the power steering started to audibly complain. As I drove to the shopping centre the noise became v. loud & painful so I had to call out a recovery truck. Looks like the power steering pump or/ & rack has gone.

I phoned the garage (main dealer) but they are closed until the New year, as are most of the others. I am not happy.

Any other ideas? why, if they've done their job properly should this have happened? This is all made more frustrating as I'm off on holiday at the end of the week & now have no transport to do my final shopping & get me to the airport. I am well p1ssed by this

as I said, I am not happy

ps on the positive side; my mate was going to bring down his Compaq loaded with GPS for me to calibrate my speedo. tomorrow so it's just as well it happened now & not on the 'calibration test'
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Re: my car said "bah humbug" to christmas spirit & destroys steering

This for some reason made me think of an absurd dream I had last night where one of the scumbags I deal with at work (police) drove in my driveway at home in a stolen car and rammed my GT which was parked at the back of the house and then drove off again.

But what I meant to say before being distracted was that my preference would be to sell any car I have crashed after it has been repaired as they are never the same again.

Of course I know that's only possible if the finances permit.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bah humbug , car , christmas , destroys , spirit , steering