Why I don't like the GT - Page 6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

Alfa 166 2.0 TS

Re: Why I don't like the GT

Sunbar, Disco and RRS are indeed the same platform but from the customer point of view these are 2 different cars appealing to two different types of customer. The Range Rover has already been re-engineered to use lots of T5 parts, that's what the 2006 Model Year Range Rover is. Engines from T5 were carried over this year, as were the brakes. When it does get replaced, it will be an aluminium platform which will possibily be shared with the next RRS....although I am just speculating there.

The last I heard before I left was that Defender was still on the agenda until at least 2015, though my info is 9 months old now. 2006 pedestrian crash safety has been the biggest question mark over it, especialyl as the Ford deisel engine overcomes the Euro 4 barrier.

AML isn't making the profit it needs cos the DB9 costs 10k more to build that was originally budgeted for. They're gonna need to find a way to build the AMV8s quicker to rake in the profit or just change thier plans to reflect their true profitabiliy.

PAG is an interesting case study, but we're gnoig well off topic. I think I'll start a PAG discussion in the other marques forum.

Back on topic, I still love my GT, but I'd prefer it if it was clean....an volunteers?

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT