Installation of rear speakers on 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 19-11-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
Installation of rear speakers on 156

Hello again,

I've bought a pair of Alpine 6x9 speakers last week. Today, i've made an attempt to connect those to the provided space behind the rear passenger's head rests. Unfortunately, those bloddy italian designers, made the speaker space too wide on one end, so they can only be secured on two screws instead of four.

I am wondering if anyone managed install the speakers behind the passenger head rests? If so, what procedure did you take?

I think i'll need to buy/make an extra template that can be secured to the alfa's panel, and screw the speakers to that template instead of the alfa panel. If so, does anyone know where I can buy such a template?

Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Red Barchetta

Re: Installation of rear speakers on 156

Hi i have 6x9's in my 156, what i did was to remove the black plastic alfa mounting plates and glued some screws into the four mounting holes from the top (use a strong glue and let it harden fully) i then reasembled the grills and mounting plates and gently tightened the nuts to hold the speakers from underneath, I did this 18 months ago and have not had any problems
AO Gold Member
County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Pretty much did the same thing if I can remember correctly. Removed the black mounting plates from the underside of the shelf and fitted the speaker into them with bolts from the top.

Removed the cloth / plastic speaker grill from the rear panel held in place by 6 small plastic pegs / clips - these help hold the the black plastic mounting in place.
I used 3 of the holes with washer and bolts to secure the black plastic mounting (now with speaker) to the underside of the shelf - additional glue can be used to add extra strength.

I then cut off the 3 posts from the speaker grill which would hit the bolts, leaving 3 posts which fit into the holes. The grill can be left push fit.

Hope that makes sense as it was a number of years ago but I've just had a look in the boot and it sounds pretty much correct.

156 2.5 V6 24v, Cosmos Blue Metallic, Tan Leather, 17 GTA's, 225/45 Michelin PS2's, Full Zender body kit, GTA Headlights, Eibach springs, Koni FSD's, Eibach Anti-roll bars, Ferrari 360 Brembo calipers, DS2500 pads, Squadra ECU, 45mm Intake Runners, Carbon Intake, Dan & Wizard exhaust

156 2.5 V6 Qsystem, Red + Red Leather, Bilstein dampers, DS2500 pads...soon Brembo calipers, 17" GTV Teles
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.5V6 SP3

I took mine to my local stereo shop and asked them to do it for me. Infinity 6x9s wired from the boot mounted amp. Cost me a couple of hours labour in total.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , installation , rear , speakers