Advice from JTD GT Owners - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 08-11-05 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Advice from JTD GT Owners

Dear GT'ers,

Sorry if this is a bit off topic for this area but I am considering a move from a 146ti to a GT JTD and wonder if anybody had made a similar move?

While I fully appreciate the facts and figures on the JTD engine I am also aware this could be quite a different drive/feel from the 2.0 petrol I am used to, which I imagine to be similar to the JTS if a little lower on power.

So can any of you former petrol heads put my mind at rest who have converted to the oily side? :-)

I have had a test drive in a 147 JTD multi jet but it wasn't really long enough to form a proper opinion.

Thanks for your time!

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

Alfa 166 2.0 TS

Re: Advice from JTD GT Owners

I moved from a 2.0 16v hatchback (not an alfa tho) to a GT JTD. I haven't looked back, just bring on the torque!!!!
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
Re: Advice from JTD GT Owners

Went from 147GTA to a GT JTD bit of a downer initially 250bhp -> 150 is always going to be noticeable though the GT was quite capable, a little remap later made the difference for me and I swear theres now not a lot in it between the two on a twisty b road.

A friend has just moved for a 147 2.0 to a GT JTD and he can't sing its praises enough, for him even if on paper the petrol is quicker the diesel gives a greater sensation of speed and he prefers it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

advice , jtd , owners