Big hesitation! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Big hesitation!

For the first time for as long as I can remember I have a problem with one of my "moderns".

The JTD has started to cut out under heavy acceleration (no it's not the lag!!!) and the battery light flashes. First one was a few months ago...ignored. Second a few weeks ago...raised eyebrow. Did it again yesterday and now twice today

No pattern apparant, except perhaps the engine wasn't fully warmed up, but it wasn't exactly cold either, having been driven about an hour or so before on both occassions.

Also, not sure yet but I suspect consumption to be even lower this tank, at 300 miles now and the light is flickering

Another thought, the turbo sounds like a siren, I've read this can be the sign of an ailing blower but elsewhere says it's normal.

Not checked anything yet but battery cables (known problem on JTDs) are first on the list!

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Big hesitation!

Battery and earth cables would be my first too, "the wifes" Multipla suffered with sudden and random cut outs, it was found to be a broken earth strap but had broke inside the outer PVC sheath making it impossible to detect unless it was flexed the wrong way
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire

Rick has lots of trouble with his battery cables, and the AFM as well I believe.

Yup, I've had to fix my starter motor cable which is the same one he had problems with. That's why I might go for cables first but somehow I think it's electronic....we'll see.

AFM isn't on my list either as the hesitation is too violent (in my experience ) and everything seems fine afterwards.

Keep 'em coming though...............

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

big , hesitation