Air con needed to de-mist windows! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
This is a reply to the OP but also in relation to Alex_GS's post
>>The big question then is - has anyone actually improved the airflow from the windscreen vents? Is there a flap or something that is stuck in the closed position? I'm quite looking forward to taking the whole dashboard out to see what is going on in there... just don't quite know where to start. If anyone has removed the whole dashboard, please let me know how you did it.<<
The Following relates to my 05 veloce with the dual zone climate control set up--may or may not be true for others.
This may not solve anyone's misting issue but is certainly worth a try before pulling the dash apart. After having no real complaints other than insufficient cool air volumes in summer I suddenly noticed that I was getting overwarm air around my face. This was now January time and had never been an issue before. I'd found that just hitting "auto" on the set up did a great job in balancing temps out nicely. Fiddling with settings achieved nothing until I found a post about problems occuring after battery disconnection. I'd had a couple of "even dash lights disappear" type flat battery issues. Apparently all the flaps need time to reset their positions correctlyafter this happens. Starting the car after a flat /battery removal without leaving on the ignition for about 20-30secs until all whirring stops before engaging the starter caused the problem I had.
My solutionwas to disconnect battery, reconnectbattery , then ignition key on--wait till all heater flaps whirring stops--probably few secs more to be certain--then start car. Worked for my issue re too hot at face level may just work for your situations. ie iinternal flaps have just ended up away from their correct positions.
Certainly worth a try. HTH

Last edited by martin_sv; 18-12-09 at 16:21.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Staffordshire

Member car:

Saab 9-3 Aero.

Originally Posted by alexGS View Post
Thanks for that
Can you feel the air coming out of the vents at the base of the windscreen? I find in mine there's no detectable airflow regardless of the fan speed. That's why I think I need to take the dashboard apart.

Sorry its taken a while to get back to you been a hectic week, but yes lots of air coming from the vents under the windscreen.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

air , con , demist , needed , windows