156 2.4 JTD prob?!? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 01-11-05 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.4 JTD

Not Happy 156 2.4 JTD prob?!?

Hi all,

I hope that someone can give me some advice?!?

I've just encountered my first Alfa problem!! Over the weekend I had taken the battery off as my heater flap had got stuck again and I needed to rest the system. This worked fine but after connecting the battery back up the car was going ok.

I had driven for about 2/3 miles and got to an open stretch when the engine was warm and pushed about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down on the throttle in 4th the car picked up fine but then stopped pulling!

It was quite obvious that the turbo had just cut out?!? I changed down and pushed the throttle again and this time it worked fine. I looked down and the engine light flicked on and off quickly.

I stopped and check the car over but everything is fine. Now we carried on our journey and the car was fine. The same thing happened this morning but with no engine light.

I'm aware the car is due for a service and it's booked in on 9th for the works, but Iím a little worried what this could be? Has anyone got any suggestions?

I'm still new to Alfa's and diesels too, so if I ask allot of questions please excuse me.

Thanks all for your time and I hope your having a great day!

Chugging along the M4!
Fast Films

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , jtd , prob