156 Kangaroo - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 27-10-05 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0 t/s

156 Kangaroo

I have noticed a problem with my 156 t/s 2.0, that at spot on 2500 revs it starts to hop down the road like a kangaroo, jerking quite vigerously. It seems to be running fine apart from this problem.

Anyone, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Re: 156 Kangaroo

I had that for a long time. I couldn't get my car to idle less than 1400rpm!! So in the trials I swapped my idle actuator with a "loan" one and it continued which threw me for while. Worse still, the MOT emissions test is done with the revs at 2500-3000rpm, so that got screwed as well. Ever time the tester held it around 2500, it would drop to 2000 and then lift back up again.

When I refitted my own actuator a few weeks later it was suddenly much better!!! Just to make sure I reset it using my copy of the Alfadiag software and it's much better now -- rock steady at 2500rpm.

1) A throttle reset.

2) An actuator reset. (examiner/alfadiag/AJ's Alfa Romeo TS Diag)

1) The throttle body is clean

2) the OIL SEPARATOR VALVE is working (that was the cause of my high revs) as they can get gummed up and stuck.

There's a write up of my trials and tribulations on my website .... Link below ...

cheers, Gary

HIS: 1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray.

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"
My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.
AO Member

Member car:

'99 156 Sele

Re: 156 Kangaroo

Try a reset. I do one every 6 months as it gets worse over time.. you should feel it get smoother.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , kangaroo