WET 147 Drivers Footwell - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Staffordshire
Re: WET 147 Drivers Footwell

had the same prob on 147 1.6 ,found a rubber bung missing under floor pan .dried footwell out using vax machine bet got 5litres out !
sealed bung hole up with waxoyl ,but never found out if it came from there.at least vax got it dry and stopped any smells.had been drivin in bad weather and deep puddles tho
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Originally Posted by David C View Post
Take the interior panel off of the door and look for any gaps in the plastic sheet.
Water will flow through the door and out via the drain holes at the bottom, but if there are any gaps in that sheet water will get into the car.
I finally got around to lifting the carpets in mine as this has been a persistant problem since I got the car. I've just not had the time, location or tools to do until I was at my parents over Christmas. I couldn't lift the carpets fully out but enough to see the huge amount of water which is soaked into the foam under the carpet. To my surprise, the back seat footwell on the same side was also soaked which I had no idea about.

I'm thinking this rules out any leak path from the front of the car as the back and front footwells are seperated by a step under the seat. It's a 3 door car but I am guessing the water could be coming from the door seal. I will have a look at the 'plastic sheet' inside the door as soon as I can. If that is not the problem then how can I try to solve the problem? Would I need a new seal put on as I can't see any obvious faults in the current one.

Really need to take the carpets right out, as well as the sound proofing to dry them off completely but that'll take forever! I'll get it done soon though hopefully!

Pain in the hoop!

Stand Free

You can easily check it it's the door by pouring water
down the window with the door open and seeing where it goes.

There were a number of reasons for water in the footwell
on 147s including:

Missing plastic door sheet.

Bulkhead leak (guttering detached?)

unplugged holes in the floorpan (Or was that the boot?)

Leaking A/C

Badly replace rubber quarter-light guttering

Missing foam from the top of the front wing. (I think)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , drivers , footwell , wet