New Car - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 22-10-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
New Car

Have had my new car ('52 2.4 JTD Veloce) for about 12 days now (new pics in my garage), so I thought I'd share the JTD experience...

Firstly, I used to have a 2.5 V6 and was dreading the change, especially as I used to have a 2.0 HDI pug 306, and that was quite frankly dreadful.

The noise is diesel but since it's a 5 pot it's actually not bad at all, once you're on the move it's not bad at all. At 100 (cough) kilometers an hour it's so much quieter than the V6. Since I'm now doing 120 miles a day commute that's very nice.

On the move the torque is great - no need to get the revs up and it's plenty fast, probably realistically as fast as the V6. Overtaking is really easy.

Ride is strangely much better than the V6 (SP2) seems to be softer and the seats are better - the blitz cloth not the recaros, which were like boards.

Overall I'm REALLY impressed and given the choice I think I'd stick with the diesel, but make it a 175hp M-JET - now that must be amazing!

This from a dyed in the wool petrolhead as well - go figure...

One question - my car has side skirts, black dials and veloce badges but I've a suspicion the ride is the softer lusso/turismo and it has cloth seats. It comes up on the insurance as a turismo. Is it an import maybe?

'52 2.4 JTD

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT