Yesterday I purchased a second hand November 2005 Alfa GT. I have not driven it much, since it's with the mechanics for service, but have a few questions, since I can't find any information.
I looked up the VIN number on several places. Most of those show it as invalid, where some display only the model number. With BMW for instance, the VIN displays all the details about the car. Options, color, interior trim, etc. Is there a way for me to view those things for my GT as well, using the VIN of the car?
1. The Bertone badges on both sides are missing. Is this normal? I've looked at a lot of pictures and all of them had the Bertone badges there. Are those with a sticker on the back, or are there little holes where those go, because on the car itself, there are no holes.
2. The car has BOSE audio. There is a woofer in the boot and badges on the front speakers, but there are no BOSE badges on the rear small speakers. Was there an option for half-a-BOSE system in the brochure?
I looked for a purchase brochure with all the options, colors and trims, so I know what was offered and what I can look for, but couldn't find one.
3. During the little time I spent with the car, I tried the sound with some radio stations. I noticed, that the small speaker on the driver's door was not giving out any sound. I leaned towards it but was unable to hear anything. The lower/bigger speaker was working fine. What can I do to diagnose this? Does this speaker come on when there is a better quality source playing?
4. With the car I received only the navigation CDs and the navigation is in Italian. I wanted to change the language to English, but was requested to input a Setup CD, which I couldn't find anywhere in the Internet. The links I found were old and were already dead. Any help?
5. How do I know whether or not my CD plays MP3s or not? What options do I have for adding a wider variety of sound sources in the car? A changer? Or do I have to buy a new navigation for the center console and get it over with? I don't need video. I need only music. Video is not very safe in a sport coupe IMO.
6. How do I know whether or not I have an alarm system? Upon locking/unlocking the car doesn't make any sound. It just blinks the signal lights. Any way to change those settings and make it *beep* *beep* when I lock/unlock it?
7. There is condensation forming in the rear left taillight and the front right signal light. There are not-so-small holes drilled in the edge of both. I thought about replacing them completely, but would love to hear any other suggestions since this is a very common problem I understand.
That's all I can think of at the moment but am sure that something else will come up.
Thank you for your replies and thanks to all those who bothered to read my topic.
P.S. Beautiful car! And rare. Most people don't even know the model.