Pictures/data on 147 rear speaker holes? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 14-09-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
Pictures/data on 147 rear speaker holes?

I've got another thread going re my audio install, but I really need some pictures of the rear speaker holes behind the door trim if anyone has any.
I want to install some small 6" subs in there, but I have a feeling they may be too deep for the holes and I might be in trouble. Somebody else has mentioned the holes are 79mm deep. The JL Audio subs I want to install are 89mm deep!. However, the 79mm figure given I think was for the shallowest point in the hole, and the JL Audios have a tapered end which may fit if the recess is slightly depeer in the middle.
There may also be an oppotunity to space the spakers out of the standard holes a little, but I'm not sure what sort of clearance there is between the speakers and the door trim. I can't have the surrounds/cones hitting the door trim.

Also, if anyone has any info on how to remove the rear door trims it would also be greatly appreciated.

2003 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA (silver/black)
1995 Nissan Skyline R33 GTR

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , holes , pictures or data , rear , speaker