156 Selespeed maintenance question - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 30-08-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
156 Selespeed maintenance question

Hello to everyone.

As i've mentioned in the previous post, i've just bought 156 2.0TS selespeed , W-reg registered June 2000 with 80,000 miles. It had a full dealer's history. I am not quite sure what has been done/replaced in this car as It is currently being MOT'd and serviced. I'll check it first thing when i'll get the car.

I've read in various places that servicing has to be done without a miss and cambelt change every 36k miles. Also i've read that the engine oil should be changed every 1000 miles. Every 1000 miles sounds a bit too soon. I want to ask other alfa owners what is the best/good way to maintain the car without braking it.

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6ts lusso

Re: 156 Selespeed maintenance question

I don't think it has to be changed every 1000 miles, i think you have it confused. Your baby will eat her way though a bit of oil, various figures on this site, but i think it is about 1 litre per thousand miles, thats probably where you got it from. check it regularaly, never let it drop below half way, keep her topped up!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , maintenance , question , selespeed