Outside the replace filters and oils....
1) Cambelt - when was it last done? Pull back the cover and have a look at the belt - if you see shiny marks on the cam pulleys, then it is moving on the pulleys. Do not start car, do not pass go, change the belt. Same if it is thin or frayed. Ditto the aux belt - if this is looking bad, change it as if it goes, it can take the cambelt with it.
2) Oil filter - up behind the engine. Have fun! You need a very thin wrench to get it out.
3) Brake fluid is worth changing, check the pads as well.
4) Check the bushes with a prybar. The small bushes at the back of the rear trailing arms are very weak and go regularly.
5) If the gear change is stiff, grease/replace the top hat bushes - threads on here explain all.
6) Pollen filter - can smell manky, change it.....
7) If you have no idea of the history, change the antifreeze. Check the bottom hose as well - they are getting to the age when they go.
8) Remember you have to remove the plenum to get to the rear plugs.