Eibach Dampers Install: Part 1 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 27-08-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
Thumbs Up Eibach Dampers Install: Part 1

Don't think I mentioned this, but after months of deliberation I went with the Eibach Pro-Dampers to match my Pro-kit springs.

I've had the fronts fitted (the garage ran out of time to fit the rears ) along with poly bushes to the upper arms.

1st impressions? Superb. The front end feels tighter than a gnat's @rse & the damping........"where have you been all my (Alfa) life?"

Ventoed going out tonight, just so I could get in a late night drive. Took all my well driven roads. Starting with leaving the house (obvious ) & going over the numerous speed humps of all different shapes, sizes & types: whereas before the dampers would compress heavily, nosuchthing now. Went on a particular road connecting Maida Vale to Abbey Road which has big dips: didn't recognise it at all. On the motorway the car felt super stable - dare I say, ahem, almost Germanic (it's what their cars are best at ). Curves at high speed don't feel high enough!

I know it's early days & things will envitable soften-up, but the shocks are a defo improvement. The only downside is the loss of that beautiful turn-in the softer dampers allowed. And a touch more understeer. The front poly tighten up the steering nicely(the mechanic who fitted them was unconvinced of the benefits - that was, until he drove the car). They are noisy though.

But I have a slight dilema now. I still have the rear shocks & the rear poly bushes to fit, but I not sure if I need to. The rears actually feel reasonably intune with the fronts (never had an issue with the rear damping). It will be a different matter with passengers, but I don't often carry those. The polys I can send back - all rear bushes are fine (had 4 arms replaced over the past 18mths). But I not sure what to do with the dampers. The car will need further work (brakes soon ) & the polys & dampers refunded can fund that (& boy with the money I've spent, I'll need those extra funds)
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Re: Eibach Dampers Install: Part 1

Stiffening the rear will help to reduce understeer.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

dampers , eibach , install , part