It's all over - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 01-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Leicestershire
It's all over

I've done a deal to trade my 156 SW today, ending 5 years of 156 ownership across 2 vehicles . I've had such a lot of help from the good people of and I would like to thank you all.

There has been an awful lot of frustration in those 5 years, boy can these cars be annoying, but there have also been an awful lot of balls-out corners taken at *extremely* high speeds giving rise to all manner of hooting and hollering by the driver.

I have a third child now and you just can't get all of them across the back of a 156, so I have swapped it for a familywagon. The new vehicle will not get through suspension bushes as though they were a consumable item, like oil filters. I will not be constantly worrying about the next aspiration problem. However I will not be having nearly so much fun.

We still have a Lexus IS200 in family so there is something I can spank. That too corners like it's on rails, but there is something missing, it's efficient and accomplished rather than thrilling, like the Alfa.

So thanks once again to all those who have helped me diagnose, and get bits on or off - I really do appreciate it. I know I won't have the same resource on any Nissan site. However I comfortably expect to not need it nearly so much
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Leicestershire
give it a year, a nice alfa will over take you and you know you will want to come back to the dark side lol happy motoring
AO Member
County: Galway

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTDm,2007

yep mate,you'll be back after while,as if you owned alfa once you wont be able to love other makes,
i had alfa 156 five years ago,the belt snapped and i wasted lots of money fixing it,after a month driving big end bearing went and i swore it was my first and last alfa romeo in my life and now i drive another 156,which i bought a couple of months ago,i had few cars before her,saloons and sporty ones as well,but i don't actually know why i love alfa romeo,it is a mystery for me,i call this car my girlfriend and happily invest money in her(that's what i always been trying to avoid when owned other makes),strange isn't it???

156 1.6,1.8,2lt
159 1.8 MPI

proud owner of GT 1.9 JTDm Blackline Distinctive

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT