Stuck GT sidelight bulb holder - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 30-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

Stuck GT sidelight bulb holder

Hi All,

Had my GT 3.2 V6 a few weeks now and have just hit my first problem - the left (NS) sidelight has gone (standard halogen bulbs). Looking at other threads it seems that these are a right PITA to get out, but I only have small hands and was good at changing the bulbs on my old 156.

However.....the plastic tab on the holder has obviously been broken at some point. I have been trying the mirror and long nose pliers trick this evening and although I can grip the holder it will only come out so far and no further. It moves from side to side but will not pull out any further.

I have looked at the OS sidelight, which does have a tab, and this pulls out easily - I removed and refitted this within a couple of minutes - so why will the NS not pull out with long nose pliers...... does it need to be turned or do I just need to keep trying????????

Any advice welcome as I really don't want to have to take the bumper off etc for a bl00dy sidelight bulb!!!!!

Apart from this I love the car - what an engine

Visit my Flickr pages at

My Alfa History: 1983 Alfasud Sprint Speciale, 1999 145 Cloverleaf (QV), 2001 156 2.0 TS, 2003 156 2.0 JTS
My Current Alfa: 2005 GT 3.2 V6
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

1.9 JTD GT

You have xenons? Because then it's supposed to be broken (as I have read here). They say you need to remove the bumper for the sidelight thing :/ Especialy in a V6.

I also have xenons, but a 1.9JTD, and mine are broken as well. And I want to change the sidelights , because they clash with the xenons and it looks rather "meh", and it doesnt serve a purpose if you ask me

Last edited by Krakatoa; 30-05-13 at 23:27.
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Are you sure they are Halogen? I thought all 3.2 GTs had xenon as standard?
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 31-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

Fixed it!!!!

Spent ages on it last night but gave up in the end. Had it sorted in five minutes this morning - typical..... I used a larger pair of long nose pliers, more brute force and out it came. New bulb fitted and all is good

Xenons were an option on the 3.2 V6 as far as I am aware (winter pack option?). Mine defo has halogens which I will be upgrading to brighter bulbs before the winter - if I am brave enough!
AO Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

alfa gt jtdm

hi mate try Led off e bay get 6 pads ones

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bulb , holder , sidelight , stuck