After toying with the idea of doing a headlight refurb for months now finally got round to it this afternoon as the kids were out
Stuff i had, wet and dry paper i was kinda short of 1500 so made the jump from 1200 to 2000
as my lights were badly stone chipped i decided to go low as to remove as much as possible.
polishes were t-cut, megs plastx, and some Farecla G3 Scratch Remover.
mask the surround off and get sanding
Here's how they looked before the assault, scratched and chipped to bits.
after some abuse from my right hand and this is the result after the 1200,
i rubbed for ages after this with the 2000 as i missed the 1500 but kept at it until they looked more clear and less foggy making sure to change direction on every paper
after id had enough used some g3 then went at it with t-cut all by hand then finished with plastx on a yellow pad attached to a drill, i could have made a better job if i went to 2500 but didn't have any so this will do
alot better than the rubbish before and took just over 3 hours.
The final look,