Loads of Problems
My car has just been serviced at Autoworld Alfa and I got them to replace all the belts, the Cam Variator and Water pump. So quite an expensive job as you can imagine. The have not told me there is lots of other stuff I need to sort out on my car.
1. Wiper Linkage renewal - This isnt a problem, I can easly sort it out cheeply
2. Radiator Renewal - This also isnt much of an issue, the radiator is badly corroded but isnt leaking yet and its not too expensive to sort.
3. Renewal of Rear/Rear Lateral Arms - I have no idea what these are or the cost.
4. Renewal of Front Brake disks and pads - They dont look to bad to me and only had the pads done 2,000 miles ago, genuine parts. How long should they last ??
5. Renewal of damaged timing covers - they look fine to me
6. Renewal of both front tyres - Ok they have 3mm of tread left, they will need doing soon, thats not a problem
7. Exhaust blowing from Manifold to Downpipe - Had this replaced about 7-8 months ago, its still underwarrenty so its going to be sorted free.
8. Attention to oil leak from behind timing belt cover - This worrys me, what could be leaking and how could i stop it
9. Renewal of both handbrake cables - does anyone know how much this will cost.
10. Attention to oil leak on Gearbox area - This worrys me, but the car has never dripped a single drop of oil.
11. Require renewal of both front lower ball joints - Does anyone know cost on this?
12. Require renewal of steering rack - I really cant feel anything wrong with the steering rack, the stearing is pin sharp, surely I would notice something?? I know this can be expencive to fix.
Does anyone want to buy a cheep car??
What do you think I should do, try and fix it or sell it and cut my losses??
I think in present condition with millage and dents etc.... Id be very lucky to get 1800 - which makes me feel really foolish for just spending nearly £700 on her. If they had told me all this before they started the work I would have just sold her.
Dilema what to do now??