Changing discs and pads advice
When I did my very first set of discs and pads I made a number of **** ups I shall now share.
1) if you don't remove or unscrew the lid to the fluid reservoir and then try and use a big G clamp to retract the front pistons, the cap will split.
2) putting the front caliper anti rattle springs back incorrectly actually forces the pads off of the disc as you drive and needs 3 full pumps to get the pads on the disc.
3) washing up liquid and water does not work like Blake cleaner.
4) a rear caliper wind back tool is not optional, it is necessary. A pair of needle nose pliers and brute force does not work.
5) Halfords does not open late on Sunday when you realise you have no thread lock, copper grease, brake cleaner etc and you can't put it all back together until you have some. No matter how much you beg and cry on the phone to them at 3.59pm.
Hard learning curve.