Alfa 156 JTS 6th lambda wire? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 30-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Lancashire
Alfa 156 JTS 6th lambda wire?

Hi all, after much heartache trying to resolve my MCSF warning messages I set about this weekend to resolve the issue with a new plan. I had already replaced the battery, spark plugs, 2 Lambdas Pre and post cat on the gear box side (Bosch) cleaned all electrical connections etc.

So this weekend I cleaned the MAF sensor with some MAF cleaning solution, removed and checked the hard plastic and concertina rubber air inlet pipe from above the MAF to the throttle body, no splits there, removed and cleaned the throttle body like new (wasn't dirty tbh) and set about hard wiring the lambda connections.

As I'm useless at soldering, I've opted to remove the connection blocks from the Lambda wire separate the 5 wires, strip them to expose the bare wire, then use these male to female connections, which I think will be just as good a connection as soldering wire to wire? unless someone could tell me otherwise? really easy, only took about 20 minutes per side, and that was both pre and post cat lambdas.

The post cat lambda were straight forward, 4 wires from the Lambda connected to the 4 wires from the front of the engine bay.

However I have a question regarding the pre-cat lambdas, there are 5 wires from the Lambda sensor, but 6 wires from the wire it connects to, once I've connected the 5 wires to the corresponding 5 wires from the front of the engine i have 1 remaining (shown in the last photo) an Orange and purple wire with nothing to connect to? I have simply taped it up and considered it surplus to requirements, my car ran brilliantly for 60 miles, but then the MCSF light came back on with error codes P2210 & P2237 Lambda Sensor Upstream current for both 1 & 2.

I cleared these error but they came back within 5 miles. Should that spare wire have been connected to one of the others? (ie, 2 wires connected to 1?) the car is now running noticeably rough.

Any thoughts on this extra 6th wire guys?

Last edited by mpturner2001; 30-04-13 at 09:47.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 6th , alfa , jts , lambda , wire