Alfa gt 1.9 jtd Air filter housing (airbox) where can I get one? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 26-04-13 Thread Starter
County: Wrexham

Member car:

Alfa gt jtd

Alfa gt 1.9 jtd Air filter housing (airbox) where can I get one?

Right I've been having problems with my car for awhile now, sudden loss of power on the motorway, car not idling properly coughing up black smoke happens when accelerating too.
Anyway just had a clutch replacement and told mechanic to look at other problems.

He cleaned egr that was fine and eml codes are saying new maf needed. But he said to get a new air box to because someone has messed around with it, it's been tuned which I knew but they haven't done a good job.

Any help is much appreciated thanks
Sponsored Links
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

alfa gt

Alfa GT 2008 coughing, spluttering & sluggish. Generally running poorly.

Solved - Alfa GT 2008 coughing, spluttering & sluggish. Generally running poorly. Sometimes bunny hopping from a standing start and stalling on an excelerated start.

The cause was a split rubber air hose going from the air filter box (which has the mass flow sensor bolted to the top of it), back to the engine. It seems that any leaks in this tube will cause an imbalance in the normal air flows causing the computer to work overtime to try and correct it. But the leak can sometimes be too great for the computer to compensate.
The garage doing the service had over stretched this part when replacing the air filter, not realising that they had split the rubber on the underneath where it could not be seen. Once I found it, a temporary wrap of duck tape to seal the leak cured the issue. False readings that this cased was 'miss-fire ' messages on random cylinders and false Oxygen sensor faults/readings. It was horrible for a while. Ordered a new replacement hose and fitted it. Runs like a dream again. Hope this helps others.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

air , airbox , alfa , filter , housing , jtd