Still missing the ALFA! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 24-04-13 Thread Starter
County: Merseyside

Member car:

Alfa GT 1.9 jtd

Still missing the ALFA!

Hello again everyone! Some of you may remember our discussion of the driving position of my GT last year. In the end it all got too much and I took the reluctant decision to go for an Audi A4 in June. Fab reliability, great driving position and yet.... no real excitement or joy of ownership. got me thinking... was it something to do with leather seats on the GT, perhaps I was wearing the wrong shoes? anyway had a look at a GT Turismo yesterday (velour upholstery) sorry to report, no real difference. I then looked at the pedal positions more closely. The problem seems to be that thy are NOT offset! compared to my A4 the accelerator pedal is much closer to the line of the steering column which prevents a more splayed leg driving position which I find much more comfortable. On the Audi the pedal is significantly further to the right of the footwell giving more legroom while not compromising the clutch depression with the left leg.
Significantly I recently tried out a 159, it wasn't the right car but the pedal position was much superior to the GT certainly on a par with the Audi.
I think it wont be long before I return to the ALFA fold just waiting for the right car. Any tips on what to look out for would be very welcome. Cheers everyone and bye for now.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Western Cape
hi i drive a gt and when lifting the seat and moving it back it forces your legs straight and changes the pedal position when i got the gt it was 1400 km drive home and no cruise control (button stuck)had to hold the pedal the hole way after i drove 1400 km with the stilo to get to the gt also no cruise control and no sleep, the drive back was great no leg pains even the one holding the diesel give it a go otherwise remove pedal from car bend the pedal up and to the side and replace, plug in to a multiscan program and see if pedal respond to up and fully down position otherwise some more bending is required should solve your problem and get u back in a gt good luck and enjoy shopping for a new bella
AO Member
County: Gauteng
It's not the seats, not your shoes, it's that character you get with Alfa, which you just don't get with other cars
AO Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.5 V6

Originally Posted by keepRolling View Post
It's not the seats, not your shoes, it's that character you get with Alfa, which you just don't get with other cars
Have to agree, there is nothing wrong with an A4 but the answer is in your description. It just has no real character, well nothing like that of an Alfa.
AO Member
County: Cheshire
Tips: Try a 156 or buy a 159 TI...

...and next time you buy a dullkswagen, make sure it's a Lambo!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , missing