156 jtd, which brakes? standard, brembo, mtec? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 24-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Meath
156 jtd, which brakes? standard, brembo, mtec?

Hi all,

now that the weather is a bit better its time to get out there and change the disks and pads all round on my 156. Has anyone had any experience with non standard brakes? I did some digging in a couple motor factors and found the standard brakes to be very expensive. the cheapest i found was around 460 inc. vat for genuine disks and pads. I could also get some make iv never heard of for 260 plus vat. So after picking myself up off the floor I did some more digging and found another place who are known to do great deals on car parts and was given 2 more options. Brembo Max brakes all round( which are more or less the same as original or a make called mtec which are dimpled, grooved and vented in the front and dimpled and grooved in the back. what do you think i should go for? both are more or less around the same price. Am i better going for name or stats? I like the idea of the vented and dimpled brakes. Also I presume I should still use ferrodo pads? or maybe brembo fast roads? also have a choice of mintex ones. Ive used the mintex before not bad pads imo.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , brakes , brembo , jtd , mtec , standard