Alfa gt jtd to buy or not to buy ? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Trader
County: -

Member car:

GT Blackline

Originally Posted by Alan Walker View Post
- it feels about the same as my 225 BHP Fiat Coupe 20VT up to around 4000rpm which is bloody lively.
I picked up my GT diseasel on Saturday afternoon and so far, all I have done is cruise home (mot booked for tomorrow). However, I would agree that it has some similarities to the Fiat Coupe - ride, style, true four seater, etc. However, my Coupe is close to 500bhp and using it for my 90 mile a day commute was killing the car and my wallet. I am expecting the GT to halve my Coupe's running costs, but crucially, I'm still very happy to be seen driving it
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 237
County: Moray
I thought I might level the air of optimism a bit by giving everyone a warning , dont leave all your repairs to do at the same time , I have a GT in the garage at the moment and its only done 60,000 mls. It needs complete front suspension minus the drop links , I suspect that is the only thing that has been changed . It also requires a cambelt , a new clutch and DMS, AND A FULL SET OF DISCS and pads, they were so shot at the front barely no metal left on the outer face! So Im halfway to the clutch at the moment , its going to be a long job.
A lovely looking car by the way and quite like it , sorry its not mine.

AO Silver Member
County: Somerset
I took the plunge and picked up a GT Cloverleaf diesel this weekend. I don't know anything about dropping from a 3.2 v6, but I can tell you switching from a 1.2 Fiat 500 to a diesel GT is comical, especially in third gear.

Very happy

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , buy , jtd