Leakage from H2O Fuel Filter. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 20-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Newport

Member car:

2004 147 1.9 JTD

Leakage from H2O Fuel Filter.

Me again with another problem.

The H2O cannister on my 1.9 JTD is leaking from the bottom.

It's the Water Eliminator Fuel Filter.

It leaks very little when the engine is running. If I were to say, drive it at full performance (when the engine is warmed up of course), it leaks a little more than when driving economically.

I've smelt the liquid on the floor, it smells like fuel, but sometimes it doesn't smell at all.

It's coming directly from the bottom of the cannister, so I'm unable to see anything.

Anyone else had this type of problem, is it serious? Going in for an MOT Friday.

I'll be posting a lot about advice and problems. My car is a 2004 1.9 JTD 8V 5 Door Diesel. It was off the road for about 2 years and is new to me. I'm bringing it back to life
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

you're basically leaking fuel!

sounds like the sensor in the underneath is leaking. when you buy a new fuel filter, you get a screw cap which you throw away when you screw the sensor in. i broke my sensor! ...so just pulled it out and put the screw in the bottom -job done, no engine light, but no sensor of course.

I would buy a new filter and fit it without the sensor. just wrap the sensor up and cable tie it out the way.

or maybe it just needs tightening! I think it will fail MOT if its spotted as its dangerous
AO Silver Member
County: Bristol

Member car:

156 Sport 2005

As above really. If you're feeling super brave and cba to change the filter yet you could buy a new filter, Remove the screw from the bottom of it, unbolt the filter housing, turn as upside down as possible and just screw the new bung in; Removing the sensor

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

filter , fuel , h2o , leakage