Alfa 156 2.4 20v - help and advice please
Hi - I have a 2004 156 2.4 20v and have the following going on:
1) rattle coming from front end (maybe drivers side) - more noticable at lower speeds but on all road surfaces
2) knocking noise - most noticable at about 70mph when you back off the throttle. Can also hear it sometimes at lower speeds when backing off at low revs. Seems to come from centre underneath the car at a guess
3) steering wheel vibrating - mostly in 2nd gear at 1500-1700 rpm - but also when NOT accelarating at about 70 - 80 mph. I did have a bad vibration previously which turned out to be warped brake discs. That cured it then (quite recently) - but must be something different now.
Anyway any help/opinions appreciated - i have a few guess but am not really sure
1) ARB bushes/drop links? wishbones?
2) knocking noise - no idea
3) vibration - drive shafts? (these have been inspected recently by Alfa specialist who thinks they are ok). tyres? (these are nearly new) . Bent Alloy maybe? dont know
Thanks in advance