9am - went out and jacked the car up......dunno why but faffed about for ages getting the trolley into a position so I could get my axle stand in place. I think the stands are just too damn big (I went for HD ratchet jobs). I think 2 tonne jobs with a pin and hole would have slotted in so much easier.
Remove caliper mounting bolts and caliper to one side. Clearly the pad carriers were hacky with crud and the top one had shifted to make contact with the disc, which was still nice and clean.
Removed nearest pad easily. Inboard pad didn't want to come out, so I remembered the wise words of Mr K Hilton Esq and applied some gentle screwie persuasion with an assist from my baby hammer. It popped off sweet as a nut.
Some STP brake part cleaner and my likklest wire brush got the carriers like new. I gave the pads a going over to, and used a little sandpaper to take off the worst of the glazing.
Dabs of copperslip in the correct places and all back together with ease. Having all the right tools lined up made it a piece of cake.
Tested, working spot on. Noise has vanished. Brakes strong like bull. I didn't have time to do all the others, but I've booked it in for a service on Weds anyway.
Just dropped the family down town for shopping. Come back to empty house - kettle on, and thought I would crow about my minor success.