Alfa 147 1.9 diesel TI - no power issue - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 22-03-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire
Alfa 147 1.9 diesel TI - no power issue

Hi, I've had a search around the forums and seen a couple of posts with problems slightly similar to mine but none that are the same. I'm wondering if anyone can help. I've had my 147 for just a little over 4 weeks and I'm loving it. I've recently just come from a Pug 206 which had a tiny engine in it that i could look at and work out. However, never had a diesel before or an engine with so many things on it! (I'm a teacher not a mechanic)

So the problem: When the car is cold (first thing in the morning) I get an Engine Control System Error, had it diagnosed at my local garage and he said it was down to a boost sensor or something.

However the problem is getting steadily worse. Sometimes mainly in the morning the car has no power. The revs won't go above 2.5k or 3.5k at some points and it's getting a little dangerous especially on the a1m everyday sometimes i put my foot down and there is nothing there. Would anyone know how to fix this or even what it is? the car is a 54 plate with 160k on the clock. It runs beautifully when the light is out, sounds amazing and is just an amazing car but this problem concerns me.

Thanks in advance

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , diesel , issue , power