156 JTS 2.0 exhaust upgrade - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 19-03-13 Thread Starter
County: Queensland

Member car:

156 JTS 2.0 2005

156 JTS 2.0 exhaust upgrade

Hi all,
I'm looking at upgrading the exhaust and airbox on my 2005 jts 2.0, its a 5 speed manual. I have been looking at de-cat systems as I had a coil drop out on me and now i get an engine warning that the cats are faulty (they copped a bit of raw fuel), so far it's going to work out cheaper ( plus better performance) to replace the cats with a de-cat system.
has anyone done this before ?? and what else needs to be done to make this work properly..?? I've noticed there are sensors before and after the cats, do i need to do anything to these..??
I'm also thinking if the exhaust gets an upgrade I should modify the airbox as well...what would the best option for this be..??

thanks in advance for any advice

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Norfolk
Can't help with the de-cat, it wouldn't pass an MOT here so it's not an option. Cheapest airbox modification is to replace the tesonator box before the airbox with either the V6 or GTA inlet pipe.

Gazza82's Alfa 156 2-litre Twinspark
AO Silver Member
County: -
I have the same problem following a coil pack failure - had to drive about 20km on 3 cyls and now get P0420 'cat below efficiency' every so often. I think you'll need to get serious with the engine management system if you want to remove the cats. It would be easier to get a replacement maniverter from a scrap car, and play around with the rest of the exhaust and the intake if you want.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , exhaust , jts , upgrade