Re-Foam seat repair. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Re-Foam seat repair.

Ok all. The foam on the outer driver's seat side-bolster of my 156 has all but collapsed from getting in/out over the years. It's the side wedge that keeps your bottom from slipping to the right. Not the bolster around one's waist.

Does anyone know of seat repairer that can replace the foam?
Sponsored Links
I had a local house and car leather restorer do a similar job on my car. He removed the clips down the offending side, peeled off the leather and added strips of foam on too of the worn sections. These were then glued in place.

This is a half arsed approach because I have heated seats, and the proper method of removing all the leather, and cutting/sculpting new foam pads would have destroyed the heaters which I didn't want.

This lash up was done last summer and is fine. The new foam is slightly too firm, but is getting more comfy with use. At 40 and 2 hours work it was a bargain. If the seat is well worn, try a breaker or flea bay. Full, good to perfect condition interiors pop up at 150 ish. Probably cheaper than getting one fixed long term.
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
The problem with 2nd hand seats is one from a breaker is likely to have had similar use and similar wear to yours. I'm sure someone local to you will be able to fix it, there is a local outfit round here how did excellent job re-foaming a drivers seat for me a few years back. Try looking for autotrimmers in google etc.
Anyone know of any around High Wycome or bucks?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

refoam , repair , seat