EGR deleted ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
EGR deleted ?

Meant to post this ages ago. After doing about 30k miles in the fuel of satan burner, I decided to clean the egr.

Now everyone goes on about how sooty the psiton gets and how it seizes etc etc.

Well this is what I found when I took it apart. So didn't need to clean it. Does this mean mine has been deleted from the map ? If so I'd take out my restrictor plate (which does allow stuff through) and put in a proper blank.
Sponsored Links
Might just blank it off and see what happens. If the light comes on, then I'll unblank it
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

can't tell much from the photo as you haven't taken that bit apart. To get the plunger bit out you need to drill a small hole in the other end and hole-punch it out. The restrictor plate is probably doing a good job though.

what was the other half of it like? thats a good indication of its amount of 'sooting'
Well in the picture I posted you can see that it is completely clean. The piston moved properly aswell. Other photos of this part on here have shown the piston to be covered in soot and crud and all sorts which is why they seize up. I had no reason to take mine apart as it was spotless and the piston moved freely.

The other half had soot in it as I'd expect. Can't remember how much though.

Also the photo was taken before I put the restrictor plate in, so that the plate won't have helped up to that point

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

deleted , egr