156 1.8 TS: Getting it better - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Re: 156 1.8 TS: Getting it better

so lucky...so lucky (we like to be different and thats what we get)

yesterday i spent half of the day looking for GTA brakes, calipers, suspensios uprights...no luck.
i might go to Vigo to that big car depot they have.

intercooler isnt easy to find also.
cosworth cant be in second hand, cause its water/air and the water circuit might be rusty.
i went to "Sousa dos radiadores", u might heard of them, and they dont do for evo, and its hard to get a cosworth. Behr didt it, but it seems they dont do it anymore.

i also thought on a compressor. i can get one from a G60 and one from a jaguar 4.2. But as i need to connect to a poli (alternator or cam belt) its not easy. there isnt much room in the top of the engine.
my biggest prob is if the block can handle the new pressure from the turbo, even if i put it at 0.4 bar.
and as money matters, i cant, at this time, spend in working the block. to have it well done, its not cheap. and not easy to find a master dealing with it.
Sponsored Links

Member car:

Custom 147 turbo

Warning Re: 156 1.8 TS: Getting it better

Originally Posted by THROTTLEMAN
250 each. There was a french GTA near by but it doens't have the suspension/transmition bits anymore.

Loads of sets of GTA Brembos,suspension uprights and hubs over here in Ireland.
A set of 2nd hand GTA calipers and suspension uprights (less than 4000 kms useage) can be had for about 500 euro over here.My mechanic has 2 full sets here in his garage/workshop.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT