Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed wont start after pump service - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 09-03-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Harare

Member car:

156 Selespeed

Cry Like A Baby Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed wont start after pump service

I have a 99 156 Selespeed which is around 150 000km. Recently as I was driving around town, I stopped to drop a passenger. When they opened the door I lost drive. I noticed that the sele pump was not priming when I open the door. I tried switching the relays around but still couldn't get the pump priming.

I then removed the pump to change the brushes which were pretty worn out, replaced with new brushes and the pump was working. I fitted the pump back and still noticed that it would only prime when I turned the key on. I did the ECU reset thing (90 sec on, 90 sec off, start for 15 mins). I had also adjusted the clutch rod (admittedly without MES or alfadiag) following some posts on this forum but did not calibrate it. I managed to select first gear and decided to test drive it around.

I only managed to drive for approximately 600m, selecting only the 2nd gear before the car suddenly switched off. I tried to restart it but to no avail. It only seems as if it's about to start but wont be able to idle. I have also noticed that there are only three gears that I am able to select when the car is on MAR (1,2,R) as well as nuetral. May somebody please help me with lead on where I might have got it wrong

NB. I have recently changed the accumulator.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alfa , pump , romeo , selespeed , service , start