Spares/Repair 2.4 JTD Sportwagon - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Spares/Repair 2.4 JTD Sportwagon

I've just recently got a new alfa 156 sportwagon ti, and the other half is nagging at me to get rid of the old one.

Its a 51 plate 2.4 jtd sportwagon, silver with 170something k on the clock.
Basically it needs work done to it, but she's driveable, was using up until last week, I don't have the time to do everything and I was looking at facelift 156's for ages.

I started painting the wheels, 2 are corroded badly, and the other 2 have been sprayed anthracite, but to be honest they could do with starting from scratch.

Its due its belts, which I have already bought inc the water pump and will be left in the boot, clutch seems alright, hasn't slipped at all. Needs rear wheel bearing replacing, will include a brand new one that I never got round to replacing, just get a knocking noise from the rear which I know is the bearing.

1 locking wheel nut is stuck, It will be without an exhaust as I'm putting it on my new one at some point, the old one that was on it was full of holes and rust!

Bodywork is so so for a car of its age, couple of rust bubbles on the roof around the windscreen area, little bit of rust on 1 of the front wings and slight bubbling around the rear arches, all doors are fine, no dents creases etc. both rear windows don't work, but never bothered me as its just been my workhorse.

Now to the good points, Alright condition Ti leather seats just some wear marks to the drivers seat, Turbo seems good, vanes are free and it does not lose any oil. both rear calipers have been replaced late last year with re manufactured ones, new handbrake cables.All the suspension was changed to GTA standard suspension, so no nivomat problems along with wishbones droplinks etc, just has front anti roll bar bushes to do, as it knocks sometimes but nothing serious.

To be honest if I had the time I'd take the turbo off and the seats and just scrap the rest, but someone might want it for more.

If I had the choice I'd keep it, as its caused me less grief in the year I owned it than my new alfa has in the last week I've had that one for! but I need it gone.

Its got Tax and MOT still
Sponsored Links
County: Essex

Member car:

Saab 93

Hi mate,

I sent you a PM but didn't get a reply. Is it still for sale?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

jtd , spares or repair , sportwagon