Timing belt tools. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 24-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Midlands
Timing belt tools.

Right then, what I need to know is what special tools I need for my car for a cambelt and water pump change. Iv been reading about every where and checking up different sites and speaking to different people and looking at older threads, some say I need more tools others say just the one. I have an Alfa GT 1.9JTD engine number 937A5.000. Iv been told all I need is a crank locking tool, others say that I need the crank locking tool and Camshaft locking pins, I have seen two tool sets on the net which are exactly the same but on different sites for roughly the same price of about 45 give or take a few quid, the one does not include my engine number or model but the other does, I have emailed and had a response from the one site which is slightly cheaper and they have said they don't think it's right for my car hence they have not put my engine number or model in the listing but have suggested a set which includes said camshaft locking pins, crankshaft locking tool and even a flywheel locking tool which is more expensive at like 80!! My timing belt kit has no mention in instructions of the locking pins and even a reliable directory online from laser timing tools caterlogue has no mention of them for my engine model but then another guide has mentioned them explaining one camshaft locking pin is needed when changing timing belt which is to be fitted to the exhaust camshaft, however this guide is below a list of all the other engine model numbers...so people what is needed, I need 100 percent on this one!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

belt , timing , tools