Engine Oil Pressure Low - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 21-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member
Engine Oil Pressure Low

The above message was but one of the things keeping me entertained on the way back from collecting a 147 16v Mjet from Barnsley today. One of my customers had had the car lightly rear-ended, and had an offer from the offending party's insurer which let him keep the car - so I've ended up with it.

He told me that it had been flashing up "Low Brake Fluid Level" regularly - I checked and it was slightly low, but nothing much - topped it up, anyway.....

Set off back home and very shortly the Low brake fluid message is popping up regularly....obviously wrong, so ignore it! 40 miles or so into the trip, stopping frequently in traffic on the M62, the above Low Oil pressure warning pops up briefly, as if there was oil surge as I stopped......but I'd checked the oil before I started..... After a few of these "flash" messages, the next time it stayed on for a long time. In full professional car trader mode, I decided since I couldn't hear any unusual sounds, the warning was probably lying.....so continued. Another 40 miles of mostly 75 - 80 mph cruising, it was mostly staying off (although the low brake fluid one wa still popping up regularly.....and of course as I got home the engine still sounded fine (its only got 83K or so on it).

So - anyone any bright ideas which sensors are fubar?.......I know my way around the petrols, but first 1.9 16V JTD I've had my hands on. Just hope its not a body computer issue........

AROC Vice-Chairman and Lancashire Section Secretary

Alfa organ donor to the gentry......
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Lancashire
How old is the battery... But it also sound more like a loom or body computer issue...
AO Member
County: Lancashire

Member car:

I would replace the oil pressure sensor easily sourced from any local motor factor which is on the back of the engine

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

engine , low , oil , pressure