thanks ppl for the feedback ok answers to your questions
1. What garage/ service centre did you use for this assessment and are they an Alfa specialist?
answer: No hes not an alfa specialist but he is trustworthy and didnt charge me a thing to look over the car and do the test
2. Did you actually see the old "defective parts" after they were replaced... I.e. Did the mechanic show them to you before disposal?
Answer: Yes i saw the 3 ignotion coils that had broken off and then compared them to the 1 that actually works to show me what exactly had broken off, and i havent replaced them yet as i need to replace 4
3. Did you get a print out of the compression test results or did they simply just tell you?
Answer: i never got a print out of the compression test ,but after picking up the car he suggested that the ignotion coils might not be the only fault n then suggested from the compression test a valve or cylinder hasnt got any compression but the only way to truly find out is to take it apart and check.
4. Were any fault codes read previously?
Answer: and yes there was a fault code which is why i took it there in the 1st place, the engine light came on after i was on the motor way coming back from tilbury and did put my foot down for abit
5. Is it a 1.8 TS or a 2.0JTS?
Answer . 2.0 petrol and has done 49k brought the car i think 2 years ago cant even remember n it had done 42k with a full service history and im the 2nd owner
Last edited by The_Alfa_Male; 20-02-13 at 11:53.