156 Occasional Alarm Sounding - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 18-02-13 Thread Starter
County: West Yorkshire
156 Occasional Alarm Sounding

I've been having a problem recently with my V-reg 156 with regards to the alarm setting off occasionally and sometimes giving me an extra beep when locking. If I set the alarm, sometimes it can be fine for hours, sometimes it'll go off in seconds.

The manual is pretty useful in this regard, I've counted the number of red light flashes and I've isolated it to the passenger side front door. Question is, what do I do now? I'm presuming it must think the door is opening somehow, but what's the usual likely cause? The passenger door shows as open on the display when you'd expect it to and hasn't been flashing up intermittently or anything weird. It must be doing something intermittently though, as like I say often it's fine for hours, it's a bit random.

I've not had the door card off yet but I'm presuming there'll be the usual block plugs in there, will it just be one of those needing a clean up or WD40 or whatever? As a side note, the speaker in that door has a few times in the past gone silent and required me to open/close the door a few times to get it working (not often enough for me to actually take action), which points to me that there's probably a block connector in there going rusty or something.

Just wanted to sound it out here before I started taking the door card off for possibly no reason. Any advice appreciated. Cheers!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alarm , occasional , sounding