Alfa 147 JTD replacement engine- help ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 11-02-13 Thread Starter
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

Alfa 147

Help Alfa 147 JTD replacement engine- help ?

I'm new to posting but not new to the forum as I regularly read them for advice and things (and just because I'm bored at work). I've done my best to search for this so apologies if its already been answered elsewhere (i found one about petrol engines and CF2 and CF3s etc but that means very little to me...)

Firstly I have no idea about the engineering side (I just like the asthetics of cars- which is probably why i bought my 147) so be gentle and try your best not to confuse me

Anyway to my point I have a 147 1.9 JTD (2003 '53') its covered 188k - but sadly the crank, turbo, exhaust and intercooler are all shot (its was quite a scene of noise and smoke,)

anyway, my mechanic said its probably cheaper to get a replacement engine and it will have done less is this right ?
(I trust him-but just checking

As he's only a smalltime mechanic he said he'd rather me source the engine (basically so it doesnt fall back on him), but he's cheap and efficient- so I dont mind.

Im just checking will a 156 engine fit (in terms of mounting bolts etc ), its just theres one at my local scrappie (who says its the 'engine model : 197A2000') with only about 60k on it for 300.

Sorry for essay message- but can someone help ?

Kind Regs
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Yes it will. Just keep the engine bits...I.e fuel injection stuff.
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

GT 1.9jtd

as above , same engine but you will be able to re-use the appropriate parts off your old engine to fit if they are different

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , 156 , alfa , engine , jtd , replacement