Alfa 147 is not starting after it's been parked for long time - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 10-02-13 Thread Starter
County: Greater London

Member car:

ALFA 147

Alfa 147 is not starting after it's been parked for long time

Dear all

I have an A147 1.6 TS (2009) and last year I went abroad. The car was used by my father but the last 6 months he left it parked. While for this period he was starting it and moving it once a week, the last 4 months he left it completely unmoved and without starting it. Few days ago I returned from abroad and I tried to start it and it did not start. I replaced the battery and I filled almost the half tank with new gasoline but still it's not starting!!
So any ideas what is wrong??

(Just to mention that all these 4 months the battery was not connected and the engine has only 21000 miles)
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Are there any warning lights displayed? Particularly the code light? If there are no lights displayed, can you hear a faint whine from under the rear seat when you first turn on the ignition? (This should be the fuel pump priming) . If not the pump may have stuck - not unknown after a car has been standing for a while - or there may be corrosion/bad contacts on the fuel pump relay.
AO Member
County: Cheshire
Yeah, she's p1ssed at you for neglecting her... my girlfriend does a similar kind of thing except I use wine instead of gasoline and that never goes well...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , long , parked , starting , time